Podcaster and husband murdered by crazed fan despite authorities warning her she was in danger

A podcaster who was murdered with her husband by a crazed fan last week told officers she has a “deep fear” for her safety and has applied for a 99-year protective order.

Podcaster Zohreh Sadeghi, 33, and her husband Mohammad Milad Naseri, 35, were killed at their home in Redmond, 15 miles southwest of Seattle, Washington. Her killer, 38-year-old Ramin Khodakaramrezaei, was also found dead at the scene, according to the Associated Press.

Sadeghi wrote in her request for the restraining order that it had to be so long because Khodakaramrezaei “has given no indication that he will stop his frightening and dangerous behavior after a year.”

“He has said many times that nothing less than his own death would make him leave me alone, so I want the command to last as long as possible,” the statement read.

The order was filed on March 3, a week before the Texas truck driver broke into the couple’s home through a window in the early hours of Friday.

“Mr Khodakaramrezaei is throwing tantrums and completely delusional. These delusions make me fear for my life and the lives of my loved ones.”

Officers tried to locate Khodakaramrezaei, a Texas truck driver, to fulfill the order but were unable to locate him, Redmond Police Department Chief Darrell Lowe said at a news conference.

Sadeghi’s mother managed to escape from the scene and fled to a neighbor’s house, where she then called the police.

Sadeghi wrote in order that her killer’s voicemails “he would cry and beg for me to pick up, he threatened to burn himself and the tree in front of my house and also told me to either delete my Instagram account or him.” Make it public so he can see the content I post.”

“This is the absolute worst outcome for a stalking case. It’s every victim’s nightmare, every detective’s nightmare, every police chief’s nightmare,” Chief Lowe said.

When police arrived at the scene, they found a wounded Naseri lying on the ground by the door of his home. They attempted CPR, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sadeghi and the shooter were found dead at the residence.

According to Chief Lowe, Sadeghi and Khodakaramrezaei met in person last summer after meeting in an online chat room run by the Clubhouse app for Farsi speakers looking for jobs in the tech industry.

Khodakaramrezaei Sadeghi reportedly said he listened to the podcast she hosted.

Mohammed Naseri (35) and Zorah Sadegui (33) were killed on Friday


But on November 6, she first told Khodakaramrezaei to stop contacting her when she started harassing her and calling her from different numbers, according to the application for a protection order received by local news channel KOMO.

She first alerted police in mid-December after Khodakaramrezaei showed up at her door and presented her with flowers while her husband was away.

He reportedly told her that he would “show up at my door and immolate himself and set my house on fire by burning the tree I love.”

Khodakaramrezaei received her friend’s numbers and continued to send her gifts even after police warned him.

Sadeghi said that he “has had temper tantrums and is completely delusional. These delusions make me fear for my life and the lives of my loved ones.”

“All of this has caused me great heartache and pain, and now I suffer from a deep-seated fear for my safety. That put a lot of strain on my recovery [after surgery]’ the murdered podcaster wrote in the application.

“I couldn’t open the curtains in my bedroom for fear he would watch me outside.”

(Redmond PD)

At one point, Khodakaramrezaei called Sadeghi more than 100 times a day and left more than 20 voicemails for her husband.

The couple, who married in 2011 after moving to the US from Iran, tried to switch numbers. However, Khodakaramrezaei would find out her new contact information and call her from various hotels he stayed at during his visit to Redmond.

He also told Sadeghi that he would not stop until “he killed himself or died”.

Sadeghi contacted the police again in December and January when she applied for a protection order.

In late February, Khodakaramrezaei left her two voicemails, which according to documents obtained by KOMO were “vulgar, angry and threatening”. Chief Lowe said his officers tried to fulfill the order but couldn’t because Khodakaramrezaei was a long-distance driver and was always on the move.

The police chief said Sadeghi did everything right, but noted that a restraining order “can’t stop anyone”. [who] intends to…deal damage.”

“I don’t want to create a false sense of security, just because a restraining order or protective order is issued, that’s a kind of protective shield,” Chief Lowe said.

“…This is an incredibly sad situation and the worst possible outcome of a stalking case. We will continue to investigate what led to this tragic loss.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *