Destiny 2’s current meta goes through twists and turns as weapons grow in popularity, dominate the raid meta, and then get nerfed. In this guide we will go through them Best Weapons for PvE and Raids in Destiny 2 in 2023 from Lightfall and Season of Defiance. We’ll start with the best Legendary weapons and then we’ll also dive into the best Exotic weapons for PvE and Raid content.
Best Legendary Weapons For PvE & Raids In Destiny 2 (2023)
- Acasia’s depression (Energy, Solar, Trace Gun)
- BXR-55 Battler (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- bump in the night (rocket launcher, power, stasis)
- CALUS mini tool (SMG, Energy, Solar)
- Catastrophic (Linear Fusion Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- chain of command (Machine Gun, Power, Stasis)
- commemoration (machine gun, force, arc)
- corrective action (Machine Gun, Power, Void)
- Sinking of Chelchis (Scout Rifle, Energy, Void)
- Eyasluna (Hand Cannon, Kinetics, Stasis)
- explosive personality (Grenade Launcher, Energy, Solar)
- bringer of destiny (hand cannon, kinetics)
- fire and forget (power, stasis)
- indulgence (Grenade Launcher, Arc)
- heritage (shotgun, kinetics)
- Hezen revenge (rocket launcher, energy, solar)
- Ikelos_SMG_v.1.02 (SMG, Energy, Arc)
- Ikelos_SR_ v.1.02 (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- insidious (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Arc)
- Nessa’s offering (Shotgun, Energy, Void)
- night watch (Scout Rifle, Kinetics)
- path of least resistance (Trace Gun, Energy, Arc)
- posterity (Hand Cannon, Energy, Arc)
- Qullim’s Terminus (Machine Gun, Power, Stasis)
- spring tide (Fusion Rifle, Kinetics, Stasis)
- Royal entry (rocket launcher, power, void)
- Salvager’s Volley (Grenade Launcher, Energy, Bow)
- Smite of Merain (Pulse Rifle, Kinetics)
- successor (Sniper Rifle, Kinetics)
- Taipan (Linear Fusion Rifle, Power, Void)
- tarnished courage (Scout Rifle, Energy, Arc)
- The other half (Sword, Power, Void)
- trustee (Scout Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- unforgiven (SMG, Energy, Void)
- Vision of Confluence (energy, sun)
Before the pitchforks come out, you should know that this is not a definitive list of all the weapons that are good in PvE Destiny 2. Weapons omitted from this list are not bad or “junk”.
This is just a curated collection of the greatest hits from our various Destiny 2 weapon guides, including at least one of almost every firearm type to build your legendary collection with a variety of solid weapons.
However, let’s highlight some of Destiny 2’s biggest and best PvE weapons that are particularly groundbreaking. These are the ones you should definitely look for!
The most impactful if you can consistently clear Deep Stone Crypt are its raid weapons; in particular: commemoration, inheritance, posterity, succession and trustees.
The other raids, Vow of the Disciple and King’s Fall also have powerful weapons that will come in handy. If you’re not ready for raids yet, then seasonal weapons like the Tarnished Mettle, the Ikelos SMG, and CALUS Mini Tool are prime examples of weapons you can grind and craft.
To top it off, the brand new Root of Nightmares raid has a couple of weapons that quickly gain meta ranks, like Acasia’s Dejection, Nessa’s Oblation, and the new Exotic shotgun, Conditional Finality, which we’ll discuss below.
Overall there is a plethora of legendary weapons to choose from that can benefit you in PvE/Raid activities.
Best Exotic Weapons For PvE & Raids In Destiny 2 (2023)
- anarchy (Grenade Launcher, Power, Arc)
- cloudburst (sniper rifle, energy, bow)
- collective obligation (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Void)
- Conditional finality (Shotgun, Stasis/Solar)
- deity (Trace Gun, Energy, Arc)
- Gjallarhorn (rocket launcher, energy, solar)
- Izanagi’s Burden (Sniper Rifle, Kinetics)
- jotuun (Fusion Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- thousand votes (Fusion Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- Osteo Striga (SMG, kinetics)
- breakout perfected (Pulse Rifle, Kinetics)
- parasite (Grenade Launcher, Energy, Solar)
- Quicksilver Storm (Automatic Rifle, Strand)
- revision zero (Pulse Rifle, Kinetics)
- risk runner (SMG, Energy, Arc)
- sunshot (Hand Cannon, Energy, Solar)
- The lawsuit (Sword, Power, Solar)
- The Fourth Horseman (Shotgun, Energy, Arc)
- Ticuu’s Prophecy (arc, energy, solar)
- Trinity Ghoul (arc, energy, arc)
- vex caliber (glaive, energy, void)
- Vex Mythoclast (energy, sun)
- whisper of the worm (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- Wither Horde (grenade launcher, kinetics)
- xenophage (Machine Gun, Energy, Solar)
Same disclaimer as for the legendary weapons, let’s look at the best exotic weapons for Destiny 2’s PvE scene that you’ll want to have in your arsenal as soon as possible.
We’ll mention a few of the absolutely critical weapons when it comes to difficult PvE encounters like Nightfalls and Raids: Parasite, Divinity, Gjallarhorn, Witherhorde and Thunderlord.
With these five exotic weapons in hand, there’s really nothing you can’t do in Destiny 2’s PvE scene when it comes to boss damage for something even remotely difficult.
Drilling a little further down from there are the three exotic snipers: Cloudstrike, Izanagi’s Burden, and Whisper of the Worm. In a scenario where you need to run long range DPS and Thunderlord isn’t such a good option, you won’t go wrong with any of these three exotics.
In terms of quickly clearing out waves of enemies – another situation you should use your exotic weapon for – Ticuus Divination, Collective Obligation, Trinity Ghoul, and Witherhorde stand out from the rest.
Riskrunner is also just as good at battling Fallen (and Hive to a lesser extent) to get his Exotic chain lightning attacks rolling by taking Arc damage. If you’re a big fan of handguns, Sunshot can also be quite destructive in the Add Clearing role.
Rounding out the list are some new Exotics, Vexcaliber, and Conditional Finality. Vexcaliber is a new Void glaive that can give you infinite overshield when used correctly. At the same time, Conditional Finality is the first-ever Light and Darkness weapon to use both Stasis and Solar to blast past your enemies in consecutive shots.
That’s all for our selection for the Best Legendary Weapons for PvE and Raids in Destiny 2 and the best exotics for PvE and Raids as of the current meta in Lightfall and Season of Defiance. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on Destiny 2 related content.
Destiny 2: Best Trace Rifles for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2023)
Destiny 2: Best Handguns for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2023)
Destiny 2: Best Scout Rifles for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2023)
Destiny 2: Best Shotguns for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2023)
Destiny 2: Best Pulse Rifles for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2023)